

Ruth Decker became Ruth Plater on Friday, July 18, 2008.
Ruth and Jordan's reception was very bitter-sweet for me. Sweet because my best friend is starting the happiest, most fulfilling part of her life! Bitter because I am not moving along in the same stage of life with her.
I know I will miss the times we shared, and the silly things we used to do, but life is about changes. Marriage is truly one of the most joyful changes in life. I have always suppressed any desire I had move into this stage . . . I don't wanna grow up! But seeing my best friend make that commitment - to truly grow up and start living life how it should be lived - has really inspired me.
Don't get the wrong idea! I am not marriage crazy, but I think I am more open for change now. I am open to the idea that life could take me down a path I don't expect.
For now, I am doing my best. Where that will take me, I have no idea. Marriage, a career, a mission . . . I guess we will just have to wait and see. The suspense kind of keeps life interesting though, don't you think?
4 comments:
Amy! That is the cutest dress ever! Where did you get it?!?
i love the pictures, and the fact that you wrote a blog :)
there is something about weddings, they always cause retrospectives. i'm glad you're not anti-marriage for yourself anymore.
I hope life takes you to great places, and that you will join me in mission prep this semester!! and if you found a lovely preemie to date and write and marry in 2 years that would be even better!!
I will miss our fun times too. But we can still have them...like tomorrow night!!
i love amy collyer...especially when she wears dark clothes and make up and eats the same banana all day and calls herself janice...guess what?!? i'll be there in 3 weeks!!
Post a Comment