Friday, March 21, 2008

Purim Party!


Thursday we celebrated Purim with some of my old Hebrew classmates. It was a blast! On Purim you reenact the story of Esther. Whenever you see or hear someone say Mordecai you cheer as loud as you can, and for Hamen you boo and hiss as loud as you can. The goal of the holiday is to get so drunk that you can't tell the difference between Mordecai and Hamen. So I guess we don't celebrate Purim to it's entirety in that respect, but we did have a lot of sparkling apple cider and we were so riled up and excited that at least I couldn't tell the difference. I even had a part in the play this year! I was "Plotter #2." I plotted to kill the king by putting dynamite in his guitar. Pretty much stole the show, but I don't want to brag. ;o) Well, if anyone wants to put on a killer showing of Esther, I have the perfect script!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

that sounds amazing amy! i'm glad you got to celebrate purim with old friends:)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.